by Karen Frazier, Managing Editor
Here is a sequence of events that happened during an investigation of a hotel with a haunted reputation. What do you think? Is there enough here for evidence of the paranormal? If not, what would be necessary to convince you? To comment, click on the post title and then scroll to the bottom of your screen. We look forward to your comments. You can listen to the EVPs mentioned in this post in our video gallery.
1. A guest sleeping in the hotel room the night before tells of dreams of someone screaming in their face all night. An investigation team sets up shop in that room that evening.
2. Once in the room, investigator notices the lens of SLR camera making whirring noises repeatedly.
3. Investigator sets camera down on a flat surface to see if whirring noises stop.
4. Batteries in investigator’s digital video camera – which are fresh and brand-new – die.
5. Investigator says out loud to the room, “Please don’t kill my camera – I can’t afford to lose another one.”
6. Video camera comes back on.
7. Investigator says, “Thank you!”
8. Video camera dies again.
9. Investigator picks up SLR camera by the sides and tilts it up to see if there is something causing the lens to whir.
10. Camera flashes in investigator’s face. This has never happened before.
11. Another investigator in the room says, “So you like (investigator #1).”
12. Video camera comes back on.
13. Investigator says, “If you have something you’d like to say to me, you may speak into the little red light here.”
14. On review of digital voice recorder, there is a scream and a grunt immediately following that statement. It was not heard in the room at the time.
15. On review of SLR, no picture was taken at the time the camera flashed in investigator’s face. Not only that, but it has never happened before or since.
16. Two members of the team hear a whisper saying, “hey” off to the corner of the room. They are unable to find it on any review of the recordings. They check the hall and adjacent rooms. No one is there. No one in the room remembers whispering.
17. Upon leaving the room, the video camera begins to function normally, and functions well for the rest of the evening.
18. Walking away from the room, one investigator comments, “That was an interesting room,” and the other responds, “Yes it was.” At the same time on further review of the digital voice recording, there is a voice heard humming, another voice heard saying, “hello” and a third deep, rumbling voice that sounds like a 45 RPM record being played on 33. The third voice and the humming can only be heard using headphones.
That’s it. Is it enough? What do you think?